The day has finally arrived. We are opening the shop today. ink & peat has been over 2 years in coming and I can't believe it is finally here. Here are a few things I have learned about opening your own shop:
1. it really is as hard as everyone says it is
2. it really is as expensive as everyone says it is
3. so far, it really is as exciting and challenging as well
4. drywall is very, very messy
5. shop-vacs really will suck up anything...watch for small children nearby
6. it is more fun to do floral design when you are not worried about ruining your dining room table
7. it is wonderful when random people walk in and say - "it smells great in here!" scent is so important
8. it is so much easier when everyone is rooting for you...thanks to all of you for your kind words and support and to all my peeps on the ground behind the scenes - you are my rock and I couldn't have done it without you...you know who you are.
Here are a few pics to show you where we are headed - just a taste - I will show you more when all the boxes are cleared....gotta go to bed - 11am opening will come very soon.